Saturday, February 21, 2015

Adversity: Changed Perspective

Acts 9:18 - "And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized."

The body of this post follows-up on the conclusion from yesterday's post.

.... Anyway, all loud ranting about education aside, going back to my English class, I concluded I couldn't really do much to change things as they are. Either way, even if I wasn't going to be sticking with my major, I needed to do something to get through the class and get a decent grade.

So, going home with my English reading one night, I pulled it out and stared at it. Ok, I thought to myself. I'm going to actively seek for reasons to enjoy this. Opening it up, I began to read.

I've been trying this technique for about a week now, and, sure enough, I've encountered something in every reading that piques my interest, even if it's gaining the ability to form an entirely outraged opinion regarding the absolute inanity of the author's ideals and execution (most of you know I like to rage about things, anyway).

What happened was, I changed my attitude. When I was looking for things I didn't like, when I was looking to make myself suffer, I succeeded. Now that I'm doing the opposite, my workload doesn't seem so hard. And I firmly believe that all it takes to complete such a chance in mindset is to want it.

So, my challenge for you today is to do just that! If there is something in your life causing you grief, then try to change your perspective. I'm not saying you'll become a cheerful, bubbly fan of whatever that 'something' is, but at least your life won't be made a misery as you're forced to endure it ... or, rather, have the opportunity to experience it.

Me and my fat stack of books.
See you tomorrow for the Snapshot Sunday, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment