Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Repentance: Fixed Computer

Isaiah 12:3 - "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."

A few days ago, I talked about how my computer broke and how I needed to send it out to get fixed.

Well, last night, I got it back again.


Of course, the linked post talked a lot about how life sometimes needs to be refreshed and considered. When I opened the box, I saw the company had given the casing a good cleaning. Start-up was smooth and flawless. While I reset my computer's settings and re-installed the software I'd lost, I thought about how my work was already going much more smoothly than it had been before. Yes, I'd had to take a few steps back. Yes, I'd had to put a lot of things on hold. But, in the end, the investment was worth it.*

So much like repentance. Repentance is painful, much like trying to troubleshoot a broken computer. It takes time, much like shipping a computer off to Texas. We may get frustrated. We have to call upon someone else for strength and guidance. However, no matter how thick and twisted the path is, we can always know that, in the end, we will be better off and better equipped to face this wide world ahead of us.

Love you guys! Before I log off, check this out ...

Look at those pageviews. I'm trying decide if I should be scared or not.
*Worth it, that is, barring any unforeseen problems the boys in the yard failed to fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment