Saturday, March 26, 2016

Policies K.O.-ed! Morals Ultimate Victor! Will Politicians Change?

This last Tuesday, I asked my readers which was more important in their political candidates: quality morals, or quality policies?

I discovered that 3/4ths of the commentators thought morals were more important. A moralistic politician will naturally produce, if not strong, then well-thought-out policies. Morals build the foundation to good policies.


However, it's important to point out that every commentator thought a combination of both policies and morals should be considered when picking a candidate. Remember the two candidates I talked about on Tuesday? I'll summarize below.

CANDIDATE A has strong policies, but a weak moral code. 

CANDIDATE B has weak policies, but a strong moral code.


Based on mere percentages alone, it seems as though Change and Cherish Blog readers would pick Candidate B. However, those same readers would not particularly like to choose Candidate B, because a quality candidate should be a perfect combination of both strong morals and strong policies. This is best illustrated by the statement made by Mr. Harris.

Either way, one of the reasons I don't like Donald Trump is because I feel like he has absolutely no morals. His resulting worldview and policies grind against much of what I believe in.

If his morals were different, would I oppose his policies? Even better, would his policies still look the way they do now? 

This Week's Top Comments




No comments:

Post a Comment