Thursday, March 10, 2016

Traffic Week: Tight Parking - Throwback Commentary #61


An Analogy: Tight Parking, the featured post for the day, represents a time in the history of Change and Cherish Blog when I focused much more on the spiritual aspects of my day-to-day life. I used to tell people C&C was a journal/pseudo-religious blog. Now, I think it leans more toward an author opinion/political blog.

I think Traffic Week has reminded me more of the early days of the blog than recent days. Either way, while the featured post has an analogy all about parking, I have a new question for you ... all about parking.


I live in Provo, Utah, a city that seems intent on maximizing parking wherever possible. As it is, the parking spots are REALLY TINY.

Whenever I try to park between two cars, I am faced with a dilemma threefold.

1.) I could park closer to the left side, thus giving the owner of the right car ample space to get in and out of the driver's seat. However, this option gives me insufficient space, forcing me to squeeze out my own car.

2.) I could park closer to the right side, thus giving myself ample space to get in and out of the driver's seat. However, this option gives the owner of the right car insufficient space, forcing them to squeeze into their own car.

3.) I could park directly in the middle. This will give both myself and the owner of the right car an equal amount of barely more than insufficient space.

So what do you guys usually do? Be sure to leave a comment below!

Hey there! This is a commentary about the post I wrote on the 8th of September, 2014. Be sure to read it!

2 comments:

  1. I try to park in the middle as much as possible, but then again I feel like I'm not the best at parking :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I enjoy the thrill of getting out of a very tight spot, where there is only a few inches between by car and the next one over, but I never intentionally park close to the passenger door (what if the passenger needs to get in the car too?) So I usually try to park in the center

    ReplyDelete