Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Traffic Week: Should the US Strengthen Border Control? - Thinkjoust Tuesday #39

Ok, so maybe border control is only loosely related to traffic, but I'm counting it, anyway.

The borders of the United States are under heavy scrutiny right now. After all, many of our current presidential candidates are demanding major changes in immigration policy. The question is, should border security be increased? Decreased? Or just stay the same?

I plan to use Saturday's post to present my up-to-date opinion about the minimum wage. However, I want to gain a full understanding of the different viewpoints about this issue. My studies will include any arguments you deliver via the comments section or social media engagements.

I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.


For those of you looking to understand more about this issue, here are some recent articles discussing the subject:

US Southwest Border Remains Vulnerable to Illegal Activity

House Democrat: U.S. Muslims Are Being Radicalized by Politicians Calling for Border Control

UNM students protest border control agents at job fair

Pope Francis, Illegal Immigration And Border Security: How Mexico Became Tougher Than The United States on Migrants

Full Measure: Border Control

2 comments:

  1. Yes the border control should be strengthened. Drug trafficking fuels lots of violence that I think more control will hopefully be able to help

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was a stranger, and ye took me in." -- Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete