Friday, March 25, 2016

#Hallelujah - My Easter Testimony

In honor of the #Hallelujah Easter campaign, I wanted to use this Good Friday to share my Easter testimony.


I know that Christ took upon Himself the afflictions and turmoils of mankind, experiencing the pains and weaknesses of every single individual who ever has and ever will walk upon this earth.

I know that Christ was crucified, and that He rose from His tomb on the third day.

I know that the Resurrection is real, and that all of us will rise from our own graves when He comes again.

You may ask how I could possibly know these things. I wasn't there. I haven't personally died and come back to life in a perfect body.

But I do know.

I know it as well as I know that I sit here typing at this keyboard. I know it as well as I know my own name, my own identity. I know it as well as I know of the material existence of this very Earth.

You may not believe my testimony. But I bet that you can believe I believe it.

The question might be, "Why?" It might even be, "How?"

I sought answers. I studied. I prayed. I spent many nights wondering if I could ever believe. I waited for enlightenment and went back to the drawing board when I found none.

Answers came in the form of thoughts and feelings, the former of which coming with an eloquency I can never hope to repeat or pen, the latter of which more powerful than words themselves.

And I know.

And you can, too, if you'd like.

I'm not saying you only have to ask. I'm not saying it won't take time and effort.

But if you don't know the truthfulness of the Resurrection, I challenge you to begin that journey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment