Monday, January 11, 2016

If You Feel Discouraged, Check This One-Eyed Cat

You know that saying about herding cats? You know, how it's impossible? Well, it's even more impossible to get a cat to pose for an actual picture. Goodness.


If you didn't know I was a cat person, click here.

This is my family's cat. I've grown quite attached to the animal over the years. He's lived in North Carolina, Tennessee, and now Washington. A few days before I came home for the holidays, the cat got into a nasty fight that ended up taking out one of his eyes.


As I spent time with the cat, I noticed his personality and demeanor was pretty much unchanged. He was as affectionate as he'd been before. He was as friendly as he'd been before. It was like he'd never lived through the trial that had ultimately defaced him.


I've seen that in other pets, too. My brother's dog had an injured knee that may be permanently damaged, but the dog kept trying to walk it off anyway.

Animals seem to understand better than humans that there's no use fretting over a trial we can't control. Sometimes, bad things just happen. I've found that the greatest amount of happiness in life comes when we don't only wait for the sunrise, but also appreciate the light cast by the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment