Friday, January 29, 2016

YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME - Ama's Watch Kickstarter


Yes, I've changed the cover design again. I'll fiddle with this until the day it's published, I swear.

Anyway! For those of you who don't know, I am self-publishing a book. In order to procure the funds it takes to print such a project, I'm running a kickstarter. You can click on the link directly below to view it.

Ama's Watch: A Satirical Medieval Spiritual Fantasy


Here are some FAQs about the project.

You already have more money than your goal. Why do I need to help out?

My $700 goal was the bare minimum amount of money that I needed to print an author's run of the book. Every little bit over $700 helps me continue to expand my business, including through web hosting and advertising. In addition, for every bit you contribute, the more loot everyone receives altogether. Once we reach our quinary goal of $1250, every backer receiving a physical copy of the book will also receive limited edition Ama's Watch bumper stickers.

I want a signed copy of your book, but it's too expensive.

Once upon a time, you needed to pledge $40 dollars to get a signed book. Now, you can pledge $30 to get a signed book. Look for the BONUS House of Snake Tier at the above link.

What if I just buy the book after it comes out?

That's fine, but you'll miss out on a lot of different rewards. Your name won't appear in the book's acknowledgements. You won't receive any of the limited edition Ama's Watch bookmarks. You won't have a chance to receive a signed copy. And you'll miss out on the other rewards, too, like samples of a few of my upcoming writing projects.

What if I buy an unsigned copy of the book, and then get you to sign it?

Absolutely not. That wouldn't be fair to the people who've supported the project.

I hope that encourages some of you to help out. The crowdfund ends on February 1! Let me know if you have any more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment