Saturday, January 2, 2016

My New Year's Goals

With the New Year comes resolutions. 

I don't like resolutions very much, because they often seem without focus or motivation. Just as an example, it's great that you want to decrease the amount of video games you play, but by how much? What consequences will come if you play too many video games? What rewards will you give yourself if you do well with your resolution?

So, instead, I'm going to outline my goals for 2016.

1.) Examine, identify, and work to overcome my negative emotions that affect the way I view the world, including ...
a. pride
b. entitlement
c. greed
... among others.

2.) Become physically fit enough to be above or on par with the majority of my peers.

3.) Write a blog post every day (363 more to go!) while making the posts more relevant.

4.) Find success with the beginning of my self-publications, starting with Ama's Watch and the KickStarter funding going on right now.

5.) Graduate with my BA in English by August. This will require ...
a. passing my remaining 10 in-class credit hours.
b. passing my remaining 15 independent study credit hours.

6.) Determine where to begin my career.

7.) Finish and submit to publishers/agents my three half-finished books, including ...
a. working title: You're Doing It Right
b. working title: Courting Disaster
c. working title: Jackalope

Into the new year, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment