Thursday, January 7, 2016

Why and How I'm Restructuring Throwback Thursday

While compiling the results from the last poll of 2015, I noticed something about the votes for the Throwback Thursday feature.


There were no votes for Throwback Thursday.

Despite the lack of interest in these posts, I will continue to post an equivalent every Thursday at the normal time. Critics of my Throwback Thursday posts may throw up their arms in disbelief. "Why?" they may demand. "Why are you keeping this unpopular feature?"

Well, for several reasons.

Throwback Thursday posts give me a break during the week, an opportunity to work on other projects. They give me a chance to feature older posts lost and forgotten in the archives, posts still
relevant to my current audience.

Each Throwback Thursday is nothing more than a commentary on a post from the past, a look into my memories regarding the ongoing creation of the blog. It is the links found within the Throwback Thursday posts that offer the true meat of that day's message. However, as I've reviewed the statistics, almost no-one ever clicks on the links.

This prompts confusion. Without the context of the post found at the other end of the link, my commentary makes no sense. People read Throwback Thursday posts and wonder, What he is talking about?  No matter what I've done to try and promote knowledge of these links, readers just don't click on them.

So, I'm restructuring this feature.

Every Thursday, I will market a post from the past, only this time, it will have (with Added Commentary) attached to the title. You can think read the original post, and, if you want, click on the link at the bottom to read my fresh commentary.

Be sure to give me feedback as I continue on with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment