Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Was Your 2nd Day of School As Overwhelming As Mine?

Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 - "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

At the end of the first day of the Winter semester, I was ecstatic. I was feeling on top of the world. I felt like I could do anything. I looked like this:


Then came the end of my second day. 


SO OVERWHELMED.

It helped that, on the first day of classes, we reached the minimum goal for my KickStarter. I was pretty pumped about that. By the time the end of the second day rolled around, I was drowning underneath the full knowledge of the assignments and classwork I would have to complete before finals.

At the same time, even as I wallowed in despair, the second day had some bright spots. I got to spend time with some of my good friends. I figured out a way to manage my schedule over the upcoming weeks. I felt the Spirit guiding me in my words and actions.

You see, even when you're downtrodden, you're never alone. I recognized that yesterday. I hope you have chances to recognize it, too.

Good luck with classes, and I'll see you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This would actually be my first day, since classes didn't start at BYU-I until the 6th. Regardless, no. I have not been overwhelmed, mostly because I only have 12 credits this semester and have gone to great lengths to ensure I am psychologically prepared for another few months of academia and associated malarkey. I'm sure that will change.
    I really do not enjoy school. I enjoy learning, especially when I'm learning things that interest me or have some degree of relevance to my life, but I feel strongly that the current college environment is not conducive to real, effective learning.
    I'd rather be getting dirty hands and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really well said! I really like what you said about the current college environment.

      Delete
  2. I'm not feeling overwhelmed yet... well see about after next week though =)

    ReplyDelete