Friday, April 1, 2016

Making the Most of Things: My Easter Vigil

I spent my entire time at Comic Con shaking hands and getting real close and personal with friends and strangers alike.

Come Sunday, Easter morning? I was sick.

As it was, I couldn't really muster enough strength to get myself ready for church. No, staying home and napping sounded just fine to me.

Of course, once I'd napped all my napping and stayed all my staying, I didn't know what else to do with the length of my Sunday. I don't work on creative projects or do homework on the Sabbath, so my usual time-fillers were kaput.

So I decided to do an Easter Vigil.


I went onto Mormon.org and watched some of the videos there, including this one and this one. I read every entry in this article, which inspired me to pull out my New Testament and read about the last week of Jesus' life in every single one of the Gospels. I watched my favorite Easter video of all time and cried over it. I even found some up and coming YouTubers who had released #Hallelujah videos of their own, using their talents to spread #Hallelujah in the same way I used my blog last Friday.


The entire experience was one of the most spiritually uplifting things I've ever done.

I may not have been able to take the sacrament. I may have missed out on the Easter testimonies of those in my ward. But I made the most of my sick Easter.

And that made all the difference.

It was enough.

1 comment: