Thursday, April 28, 2016

The End of Daily Updates

That's right, folks. Come May 1st, Change and Cherish Blog will no longer be updated daily. Some of you may have already noticed the header, which includes those ominous words Updates T-Th-S.

This decision was not taken lightly. I've been thinking about cutting down on the time I take to blog for months now.

But you may still wonder why.

For starters, two of the days in my blog schedule--Throwback Thursdays and Sunday Snapshots--were two days I intended to use as mild breaks. However, as time went on, I found my enthusiasm for producing these sorts of posts waning with each passing week. What made matters worse is that very few people ever actually read these posts.

For another thing, I felt like I was producing too much content. Some readers commented how hard it is to keep up with my posts. This proved to me that I was competing too heavily with myself, over-saturating my own market.

As I continued on with creating content, I began to take greater pleasure in creating unique and original artwork for the posts. However, the more time I spent creating these images, the less time I actually wanted to spend writing my actual thoughts. I believe the quality of my writing suffered for several posts just because I wanted to be finished.

In addition, I realized that this extra time was cutting into the production of my other creative projects, like Ama's Watch and all the extra work going into that.

Another time-consumer was my propensity for trawling social media sites like Twitter and tweeting my blog posts along with trending hashtags that sometimes only barely matched each other. I started this habit based on a suggestion from a major marketer to tweet my content seven times a day.

I started this blog for two primary reasons. First, I wanted a soapbox from which I could bear my testimony. Second, I wanted to build a platform that would direct people to my creative writings.

I realized that my non-stop production of possibly lackluster material was not going to be bringing in any new readers. What's more, my focus on drawing in new readers began to keep me from making my current, loyal fans happy.

So, yes. I'm changing my blog to a three-day-a-week schedule come this Sunday. Now you may ask what's going to happen on each of these three days.

Well, let me show you.


Fan-favorite Thinkjoust Tuesday will continue on unabated. I will pose what I posture to be a deep, thought-provoking question, and you all will answer via social media and the comments section. I will prepare a response to post on Saturday.


Thursday Thought will contain any random musings that don't necessarily require a discussion or response. In essence, the types of posts I used to write on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will now be slotted into this one day.


Now with an official title (I'm sorry, I just couldn't find alliteration anywhere), Saturday posts will be devoted to responding to the things we all had to say about the discussion on Tuesday.

Really, though, just because I'm giving myself a more relaxed schedule doesn't mean I can't post more than three times a week. You may find me posting a post on Friday or Monday for whatever reason, especially if I want to respond to some crazy current event in the moment.

The important thing is, I want to produce content that both I and you guys can be proud of. Even more importantly, I want to focus on retaining an audience as opposed to grubbing for views.

I love you guys! I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment