Saturday, April 16, 2016

What I Think About Torture



You don't need to look far to find my final opinion.

The answer is, torture is terrible.

Look, my original idea for the header image was to poor-man* Photoshop my face onto a picture of someone about to be tortured. You know, someone in a torture chair or something.

But everything I found appalled me. There really isn't any light torture out there, nothing casual enough to avoid offending every physical and moral sense you have. I can't believe some human beings can actually stomach putting someone through that.

I would throw up some links showing you the different types of torture I discovered exist, but I don't want to be responsible for any images that get stuck in your mind. If you want to research torture on your own time, do it at your own risk.

Of course, I'd already come to the conclusion that torture was atrocious based on just your comments alone.

You guys told me about Iraqi Republican Guards. You guys told me that torture doesn't ever yield useful information. You guys wanted the United States to be seen as the good guys.

I hope our presidential nominees listen to us.

This Week's Top Comments





*I don't actually own Photoshop, which means I have to rig a personalized system using at least three different programs.

1 comment: