Monday, November 23, 2015

A BYU student's Pet Peeve

Isaiah 57:14 - "And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people."

That's right. Today I'm talking about one of my biggest pet peeves.

I don't have any classes that have rows for seats, but when I went to a recent devotional showing here at the Y, I saw her doing it.

Sitting on the edge with about fifteen empty seats in the middle.

I was on the wrong side of the room to get a proper picture, but as I sprinted around the chairs to position myself properly, I kept seeing it happening.

Someone clambered over her.

Another person climbed on top of her.

Three people shoved their way past her blockading legs.

Finally, I stopped and took a picture of the offender.


See, nobody likes crawling over somebody else, especially a stranger, to get to a seat. It's uncomfortable. It's awkward. What makes matters worse is that you feel guilty. Oh no, you think. I am inconveniencing this person.

It makes sense for people to covet the end seats. It makes it easier to leave when the event is over.

But come on, people. I'm tired of climbing over you, especially when you give me a look like I'm being rude for wanting to sit past you. If you want me to be considerate, be considerate too!

All right, I'm off my soapbox now. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment