Friday, November 20, 2015

Of People and Trees


In pondering things recently, I have come to a conclusion.

People are like trees.


I have met people who've shown me trees growing out back behind their homestead. "You see this?" they say. "I remember when this tree was only a sapling."

I've seen entire trees uprooted and moved across a country to be replanted. These trees have thrived.

I've seen trees withstand storms and hurricanes and the very forces of nature and remain standing, ready to face another day with no visible wear or tear. 

I've seen trees have names carved into them. I've seen trees droop in winter and bloom in spring. I've seen trees serve as havens for children. I've seen trees act as foundations for grand structures. I have even seen trees get knocked down, most of their roots exposed to the air, and yet still somehow continue to flourish.

Trees are strong.

People are strong.

You are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment