Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Thinkjoust Tuesday #11: Pen vs. Pencil

The week-long social media blitz continues! Today, I assert my presence on Instagram! Be sure to click the Breaking News tab up top for more detail!

Last week's results: Do You Eat Brownie Goop?

I only like cooked brownies: 50%
I'll scrape the bowl while baking: 50%

That was an even split! I'm surprised!

Can you tell from where I got the inspiration for this picture?
I am a man of many mistakes.

Therefore, I once was a man of many pencils. I had a collection of over one hundred at one point, though this was more to combat my tendency to lose them as opposed to collecting them for collection's sake.

However, as time has gone on, and the digital age requires everything to be clean, clear, and crisp, I have found myself relying more and more on pens. If you want something digitalized, nothing shows up brighter than good ol' ink. It's also harder to preserve pencil marks as well. If you want something to last, use a pen!

As it is, I actually had to buy a pencil to use for sketching and shading on my animation beat board (which you'll hear more about Saturday). Of course, I bought pens as well, but this was primarily so I could use higher-quality ink.

Anyway, which do you prefer? Or have you become so digitized you don't use paper products at all? Let me know in the comments, and throw your voice up on the poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment