Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Encouraging Kindness: Animation Pitch

Proverbs 15:1 - "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

Don't forget to add your voice to the poll over on your right!

Well, as many of you may recall, I was working on an animation beatboard a couple of weeks ago in preparation for an opportunity to pitch my idea to a couple of producers. I talk about my thoughts on this process here and here.

Well, this past Tuesday (not yesterday, but the week before), I finally had the opportunity to deliver my pitch.


I had a ton of fun! Sure, my accompanying background music skipped a bunch, I didn't present my material in exactly the style they were looking for, and I fumbled a bit over my lines, but, at the end, I felt like I'd done everything I could do, and was proud of my efforts.

The individuals I met with weren't super thrilled with my overall concept, but I didn't mind. They were blunt, honest, and, above all, kind. They praised the aspects of my concept that they liked, and gave me suggestions for and encouragement to do another pitch a few weeks from now. Had they not been so accommodating, I probably wouldn't have thought about giving it another try. But I am.

So, now I'm drafting up a new idea. I'll probably try to pitch that about mid-September. I guess we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment