Monday, August 10, 2015

Shine Your Light: Beatboard Confessional (Part Last)

Last day to add your voice to the thinkjoust! Vote on the poll, just to your right over there.

Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they man see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

This post is continued from the post at this link.

So, last Saturday, I talked about how the beatboard I drew for submission to a professional animation syndicate doesn't necessarily encourage or inspire in the way my other creative works have. I have no idea where this project will end up, but before it goes wherever it goes, I would like to explain why it feels different.


I'll admit, even in my own cartoon binging, I rarely seek inspiration or encouragement. When I am watching something like that, I'm usually trying to let my mind clear itself and take a break. 

Of course, there are some forms of cartoon entertainment out there that contains themes and elements far too ... well, the world would say mature, but my mother would say 'inappropriate.' These types of entertainment seem to be exactly opposite of uplifting or encouraging entertainment, presenting a lesser alternative to more 'clean' options.


My animation idea is a bit violent, yes, but most of it is taken from the source material and played for laughs, anyway. After all, who's ever heard of an amoeba duel-wielding swords? And it's true that at least of one my characters fills a 'stoner' stereotype, but again, I could not resist a line about 'snorting enzymes' and 'floating on the endoplasmic reticulum of the universe.' If you find those things 'edgy,' so be it, but the point it, I believe this animation idea is a wholly clean alternative to many of the options out there.

And, of course, it's an investment. If the animation block green lights my idea for a short animation, then I will be sticking my foot in the door of a very successful industry perpetually looking out for writers and the like. If I eventually join this industry, then I will have the chance to continue to push others to uplift and encourage as well as get my name publicized so my more inspiring works, like my novels, will gain a greater overall interest.


So, no. Truth, Justice, and the Amoeban Way is not an inherently inspirational work. However, it offers a clean alternative, and it has the chance to propel me and my ideas to new heights.

I meet with a representative of the studio via Skype on the 18th. I'll let you know how my pitch goes then.

Until next time, godspeed, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment