Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saying Good Bye: Last Day of Work


It's hard to fully describe, in detail, the extent of my responsibilities here at this workplace of mine. I've attempted to several times this past Summer, and today, I will refrain from trying again.

Today was the last day of this employment.

Some of the stuff I had to clean up this morning. The mountains ... the mountains never stopped.

As it is, I've gotten permission to stick around this next week during the interim period between the end of my current housing contract and the next. In return, I agreed to help cover the front desk until I actually move. I guess I'm not officially done with this employment yet, but my responsibilities are drastically reduced and more compartmentalized.

Looking back on it all, had I previously known the struggles I would experience while working this summer job, I'm not sure I would have applied.

Now that I'm done, however, I wouldn't change anything.

I met so many wonderful people this past summer. I strengthened so many previous relationships. My coworkers, supervisors, and managers each taught me something valuable about life, about love, and about myself. They saw me at my absolute lowest, and also at my absolute highest. They, each and every one, made it worth it.

There's something to be said about being where God needs us. I don't know that I needed this job to help anyone else, but I do know I needed this job because I needed the help. God knew that, too, and when I first heard of the opportunity during an RA staff meeting, I immediately recognized it was right.

I write this post today to thank everyone who trusted God enough to come and be my strength, both in this employment, past employment, and in other opportunities to come. 

Seriously. 

You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment