Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tolerance and Light: Bumper Sticker


I was out driving yesterday, and as I pulled up to a red light, I noticed this really cool bumper sticker I'd never before seen.


I was absolutely astounded by the creativity behind this thing. I, of course, recognized the peace sign, the gender symbols, the Star of David, the yin-yang, a cross. Given the context, I assumed the other symbols represented other facets of individuals' belief systems and lifestyles, facets some people often turn polarizing.

I ended up researching the bumper sticker. I was led to this link if you want to learn more yourself. 

So, first, I wanted to big up Piotr Mlodozeniec for coming up with the design in the first place. The design is simple, but incredibly powerful, and perfectly illustrates the idea that very different things can come together to create a very powerful message.

Second, I wanted to big up the owner of this car for being brave enough to support the idea of coexistence despite differences. Given the amount of hatred, bigotry, and uplifted stereotypes that plague the world's mentality today, I'm not sure just anyone would be willing to even admit that individuals on spectrums different from their own have value and worth.

Last, I wanted to big up the owner of this car for letting this particular light shine. I often relate the light spoken of in Matthew 5:16 to temporal talents, like singing, acting, writing. However, even more important are the emotional and spiritual talents, the talents that help others become the best of people better suited to uplift and help others.

Good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment