Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Thinkjoust Tuesday: Mountain vs. Ocean


I WARNED YOU! In this linked post, actually. Ever since that fateful May 11th, I've been pondering about adding a new feature to the blog, namely, Thinkjoust Tuesday. (I know Thinkjoust Thursday rolls off the tongue better, but considering my Throwback Thursday feature already exists, well ...) So, here it is!

For those of you who don't recall the origin of the word thinkjoust from this post, my dad and I decided the English lexicon needed a term for 'a friendly argument or debate needing no clear victor.' The result was the word 'thinkjoust.'

The cool thing about people is that we all have different opinions about things. As we discuss those opinions, we may not change them, but our minds are opened to different possibilities and mindsets that allow us to become stronger as individuals. The more we understand those around us, the more we are able to understand the subtleties of our world, and thereby maintain a more open mind for the fresh and exciting things around us.

So, that's going to be my intention with these Thinkjoust Tuesday posts. We'll see how long this feature lasts, and if it's even going to be weekly thing.

Anyway, so here's the thinkjoust! Be sure to kindly defend your homeland in the comments:

The last two major places I've lived (excluding Washington due to my brevity there), Jamaica and Utah, are known for their beaches and hiking trails, respectively. I personally like both types of climate/geography, but I'm curious.

Which environment would you prefer to live in? Near Mountains, or near the Ocean?


2 comments:

  1. Personally, I prefer living next to mountains. I enjoy hiking them and I appreciate their sentinel-like appearance. Not to mention, cleaning up sand out of hair, shoes, clothing, etc. is one of my least favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live in the mountains, vacation on the beach!

    ReplyDelete