Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Prayer: Country Drive


I needed to talk with God today. I could have done it anywhere, but, instead, I decided to take a drive.

Up Provo Canyon I drove, zooming down the road while dodging all the traffic heading home. I passed several of the places I've highlighted in my record before, including Bridal Veil Falls. I had nice, mellow Chillstep playing, allowing my thoughts to wander and organize themselves.

I eventually found a small ridge overlooking a gorgeous lake. The ridge itself bore a small dirt road that led to fenced-in private property. It took me a couple of passes to actually embark upon the road, but once I reached the top, I turned around so I faced the lake. The sun was slowly setting. I was overwhelmed.


The being I wanted to talk to had created all this, grander than an oil painting, larger than I could explore even if I spent the rest of my years so doing. How could I hope to address Him? Why would He care?

I napped. The cars sped by below my ridge, unaware of my presence.

I woke and spoke. Words were difficult. Feelings were easy. I tried to express gratitude and plead for help with nothing but my raw emotions. I felt spent at the end, but I found the strength to begin the drive home.

There was a moment at a certain turn when I felt a certain power rise within me, something simply not of myself. I have reflected on that moment up until I began penning this post at work.

You can talk to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment