Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Gratitude: The Never-Ending Hallway


I've mentioned I have taken part in completing inventories around the dorm complex I work at. To remind, the completion of a single inventory requires us CAs to perform an exhaustive inspection of the seventy plus elements comprising of the room's furnishings and architectural make-up. 

Usually, we embark upon this process in pairs, but last night, I was called upon to tackle a hallway all by myself. For the next three hours, I wrote down detail after detail after detail after detail after detail ...


Something that annoyed me when I first began the endeavor was that the building doesn't have any WiFi in the upper floors. This made listening to music as I worked a serious hassle. Man, I thought. They could have at least thought about employees before turning the WiFi off for the summer.

... after detail after detail after detail after detail ...

Then I realized I was being stupid. At least I have a phone. At least I have WiFi downstairs. At least I have a data plan.

... detail after detail after detail after detail after detail after ...

So, I worked with what I had, eventually switching over to the audio version of Doctrine and Covenants to save on data. My complaints were silenced, and I was able to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment