Saturday, May 28, 2016

Why You Should Tell Strangers They're Beautiful - Response Saturday #18




I would have liked more people's opinions, but it is summer. Nobody's slacking off in class anymore.

The thing is, I asked all those question in the thinkjoust because I honestly don't know. If you were a stranger, and I randomly told you you were beautiful, would you appreciate the compliment?

At this point, I want to leave some sort of challenge or commitment. "Try it out," I might say. "Tell a stranger they're beautiful, and I'll do the same." The thing is, without any form of accountability, the whole challenge becomes nothing but a pleasant little string of words at the end of a post, designed to make you feel good about yourself.

So how about this.

If five people comment about their experience of telling a stranger that they're beautiful, then I will write a whole post in exquisite Zachary James detail about my own experience doing the exact same thing.

Honestly, doing such a thing goes a bit beyond my own comfort level. However, if I get enough of you to engage with the challenge, then I'll gladly do it myself, probably in an embarrassing fashion.

I look forward to hearing about your experience!

3 comments:

  1. If you do this, we'll want video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There I was in the grocery store- just me and my good bud, and we were having an entertaining conversation that was so funny, we had to include the cashier. Well have chatting for a few seconds my buddy asked her name and and then I told her she was beautiful and then we walked out of the store. Make it your comfort level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened a couple years ago, but I'm going to say it anyway. One night, I was on a walk with my friend, and I decided to yell across the street to a woman unloading groceries, "You're a beautiful person!" When she turned around, I quickly turned away, as I realized I knew this woman. She was my friend's mom. I quickly walked away and have never spoken of that incident until just now.

    ReplyDelete