Saturday, July 2, 2016

What I'd Do On the Day the World Ended - Saturday Response #22





All of the comments had a common thread. Every respondent wanted to do the things they otherwise would if they weren't facing their normal responsibilities and had a clear conscience heading into the next, non-existent day. In essence, they would live their last day on earth finding ways to make themselves happy.

This was both enlightening and sobering for me. In the scenario I described, we all knew of the impending disaster. We had time to actively make decisions about what we would and would not do in our last day.

But what if tomorrow doesn't come tomorrow? What if, unbeknownst to me, I only have a few hours left to live? Will I take pride in my last day? Will I do things I regret? What if I don't necessarily regret my actions, but still wish I'd done something different with my last day?

As it is, I'm making a decision to add more value to my life. I don't want to find myself regretting the last moments I have if they come quicker than I expected.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment