Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Would You REALLY Party If There Was No Tomorrow? - Tuesday Thinkjoust #53


I binge-watched the TV show Community recently. One of the episodes featured fan-favorite character Abed, an aspiring director, attempting to film a scene where his volunteers 'partied like there was no tomorrow.' The joke in this B-plot was that Abed took the phrase too literally. He became more and more frustrated that his actors weren't really dancing like there was a tomorrow, only merely partying like there was a tomorrow, a distinction only Abed seemed to understand.

As I watched this sitcom, I thought about that common phrase and how I'd never considered it in the literal sense. I'm sure I've invited someone to 'party like there's no tomorrow' before, but what if there really wasn't a tomorrow?

Would you party? Or would you spend quality time with your family and friends? Would you try to knock a few things off your bucket list, or would you stay home? Would you write a letter to anyone, or everyone? If everything ended when the clock struck twelve, what would you wish to accomplish with the few hours you have left?

Be sure to comment via the comments section or social media, and you may be featured when I answer my own question(s) next Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I would want to spend sacred time with the people I love the most, teaching them of the gospel of Christ, learning from them, and ensuring they know I love them.

    ReplyDelete