Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Will You Testify of Christ? - Thinkjoust Tuesday #52


I use the label 'Thinkjoust' here gratuitously. The topic doesn't offer much of a debate per se, but I would like to receive responses, so this week's thinkjoust it is.

When I look at the total sum of every word, phrase, and rhetoric I could offer the world, the possibilities stretch toward the infinite (and if you doubt me, check out this blog post by Randall Munroe). When I go on social media sites like Facebook, I see hundreds of people just talking, sharing the things they think are the most important, whether it's relationship updates, concerns about the current political climate, recommendations for a new product, or just exuberant expressions of emotional ecstasy.

I, too, have this same opportunity, to grab someone's attention for possibly only a few seconds a day. When someone scrolls past my name, what will they think of my thoughts? Will they be inspired? Will they be disgusted? Will they find me inconsequential? Will they respond?

I often forget this, saying things that aren't necessarily important or relevant to me and my goals. When I come to the realization that I've lost my own vision, I like to take a few steps back and again voice what I believe to be the highest priority.

For me, that's testifying of Christ.

I know not everyone who reads this blog is a Christian, but I would guess that most of you are. For this week, I challenge you to testify of Christ in some way, be it through social media, a blog post, or even face-to-face. Tell of your experiences with and love for the Savior and his everlasting grace and mercy.

And then, if you want, share those testimonies with me, whether you copy-paste it into a comment below, or just send me the URL.

I'll be sharing my testimony of the Savior myself this Saturday, after I showcase your responses to this challenge.

Will you take it?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I am grateful to know that the Savior made it possible for me to have a happy future with Him. I'm also glad that through His peace, we can be calm and hopeful, even amid hardship and chaos.

    ReplyDelete