Sunday, June 29, 2014

Angellic Chorus


Moroni 7:8 "... wherefore it is counted unto him the same as if he had retained the gift..."

Something I've really improved on, yet haven't quite mastered yet, is being willing to give of my time. Before my mission, whenever anyone ever asked me to spend time or do something with them, I would skeptically look at whatever I was doing (generally playing a video game or watching a TV show), and decline the request. I would occasionally get on my feet and be social, but I was always counting the cost, thinking about what I was missing out on even as I socialized.




Even today, I had those feelings as I piled into the car to go watch my two youngest siblings perform in a two-hour long ensemble piece. What's really changed is that I am now completely willing to drop whatever I'm doing for whatever social request is asked of me, and even though I was sometimes plagued with thoughts of what I still had left to do ("I haven't finished my blog post yet," or, "I haven't digitalized my journal today"),  I really immersed myself in the greater task, namely, showing my genuine love and support for my siblings.
The performance was amazing! The music, singers, speakers, orchestra, and dancers all did a fabulous job. I was impressed by whoever had put everything together, creating a rich and diverse performance series that definitely touched the hearts of the performing youth and touched the hearts of the captive audience. I made sure to inform my siblings post-performance that they were 'total rock stars,' though I refrained from asking for their autographs.
The performance really helped encourage me to find more ways to let my light so shine, reminding me there is no medium, profession, or circumstance without some attached conduit to share the gospel. While this blog is certainly a good way to begin helping my light so shine, I most certainly am not stopping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment